Monday, July 12, 2010


Back Home.

I'm back home.  Its always so nice to come home from trip--from somewhere new and different.  Inevitably, I come home with a new idea or two, a perspective for things I hadn't  previously envisioned.  And, so it is I come back to you.  I hope you enjoyed your Tracy G. interview; isn't her stuff great?!  I'm so thankful for her generosity. 

So.  What do I have for you from my trip? Lots and lots.  For tonight, I will leave you with some block prints I purchased in Ballard--a hip neighborhood in northwest Seattle.  Oh, the beautiful city!  And, oh, the hipsters!  

Paul Kidder of Kidder Handmade Graphics makes hand carved blocks of landscapes, florals, faunas, and cityscapes--the ones above are scenes of Seattle.  Each card is original and signed.  In your hands, the originality is evidenced by the uneven paint and imperfect layers of color.  The block print medium reminds me of William Morris of the British Victorian era but with a fresh vintage.  There is a subtle repetition to the design, a sorta simplicity.  Goodnight.  More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment