Wednesday, July 14, 2010


Throw-Back to Vintage: Prada

I had the delight of enjoying Harpar Bazaar's most recent issue with Katherine Heigl.  Though it is old news to be sure, my flight to Seattle gave me the opportunity to read, front to back, all about Fall Fashion Week in the four cities that boast the runways: New York, Paris, Milan, and London.

There was much to admire on the runway for fall, but one particular look, that which the Anne Monoky of Bazaar termed "nerd chic," invoked my attention.  "Nerd Chic," as she explained, was "played to the feminine mystique, complete with beehive hair, pointy glasses, and low-cut necklines... ."  I would like to think this is one look that encompasses my wardrobe for work.  The tailored, sophisticated, vintage lines of the 60's are flattering and easy to wear.  Prada's "nerd chic" Fall 2010 Line carried the flair of knits, patterns, patent leather, 60's beehives, and cat-eyed glasses. Next time your out, go for the structured lines and graceful bodices; you'll be right in step with all that is vintage and modern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment