Wednesday, May 12, 2010


Twice as Good

 
I love Sara Groves and her newest album does not disappoint. She writes her own music and plays the piano beautifully. Her lyrics are vulnerable and transparent; giving words to emotions I feel but can neither fully comprehend nor articulate. Twice as Good made me cry upon first hearing; so blessed to have these kind of friends in my life. 

The title track to her album is Fireflies and Songs.  The album cover opens with the following note to the listener:

" With a couple of thematic albums under my belt, I approached Jeff loosely with a list of new ideas for this project.  I appreciate his suggestion that I put themes aside and just write.  When Charlie came on board, he said his only request was that I enjoy God and songwriting!  As a result of those conversations, I starting turning ... soil that had not been tilled for a while.  I am more grateful now than ever for songwriting and the tremendous help it is to me in processing life... . "


On her website, she expresses her desire for the album to be "emotive."  She has clearly achieved her aim.

*Note: The album is produced by Charlie Peacock, who also produced Jon Foreman's Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer--another great album.

No comments:

Post a Comment