Tuesday, May 11, 2010


Gray

My days are clearly running together: my Mondays and Tuesdays are a marathon at work with the normal Monday fury, an early evening meeting, followed by an early morning Tuesday meeting.  By Tuesday night it might as well be Friday!!  So, you are getting your color boost a day early.

My thoughts on all things gray:  Not too long ago I read a designer's commentary on color trends in design.  He declared gray is the new beige.  Well, I couldn't agree more.  Gray is a peacemaker with other neutrals.  Mix it with chocolate, navy, black, creme, white, mint, pink, yellow, orange, and teal.  Its luxurious, sophisticated, often unexpected, and relaxing.  Here are some great products [I want the shams!] as well as some latter evidences of the marrying nature of the color gray.  Enjoy.

 

Cool Gray Pom from Party Poms' Etsy Shop


"Live Out Your Dream" from the Elva Collection at ElvaFields


Swan Print at Jayson Home & Garden


Ned Marshall

 

Vincente Wolf


MarthaStewart.com

 
Kara Mann


So, next time you look for the neutral creme, tan, or white, resist, and throw in some gray!

1 comment: