Sunday, May 16, 2010


"Before"

This weekend was not exactly the weekend I had planned, but it was relaxing nonetheless.  I chose the past few days to update a piece I've had for years, but never had the nerve or know-with-all to change. This was not to be had.  Nice pieces of wood furniture that are packaged without sentimental strings are perfect  specimens for creativity.  One can experiment and take some chances, without ruining a piece of history packed with feeling (even though you can't stand the sight of it but can't bear get rid of it!).

This piece traveled from apartment to apartment with me in college and law school and has now made it back home.  Unlike almost all my other furniture, I plan to enjoy its presence in my temporary abode and not ship it off to storage!  

I consulted several of my fellow weekend designers and decided on a color.  The dresser, as you can see below, is pine with only a slight stain.  Sanding and painting have proven tasks well worth completing.  I'm excited to make the big reveal, probably, after our color boost this week.  So, for those who are listening, here is "BEFORE" 

[Please excuse the blur--I was rushing the piq for no good reason!]

More to follow...may your work week be productive, gratifying, not too stressful, and helpful to those you are privileged to serve with your talents!


No comments:

Post a Comment