Thursday, April 7, 2011

Until Tomorrow.


Until Tomorrow.

I am so excited for the new few weeks of posts.  Although, I know this week has been light and the first quarter, scant; there is so much stirring in me to write.  I picked up Martha Stewart Living today, which you should if you haven’t already, and I am bursting to look into some new ideas and do some new research!  One of my favorite pieces I read from this issue was part of an interview with a homeowner who had recently hired designer Chloe Redmond Warner of Redmond Aldrich Design:

"Sometimes I’d ask Chloe, ‘Is this going to match?’ She’d respond: ‘Its going to look good, but matching is not the point.’”

“Matching only gets you so far.  I like to start with wallpaper and use that to help establish a palette for every room.  Then you need to introduce elements that play nicely with each other. That’s how you achieve a truly personalized, truly interesting look.”

I’ve been thinking about this lately, as I contemplate buying rugs and furniture for rooms I don’t own.  Style is not linear, it is more of a composition, a smattering.  The minute it is linear, you are the manikin. Which is sad, and implicitly not you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment