Sunday, July 25, 2010


Hotel Luxury

One of my sisters, who has fantastic taste, has decided to redo her master bedroom and enlisted my help in the transformation.  I think it is fair to entitle our project "Hotel Luxury."  My sister, not unlike most others, enjoys nice things and loves to spend time in her bedroom.  So, we are aiming for hotel luxury with a aire of formality, a rich pallette and indulgent linens.  The framed piece below currently hangs in another room in her home; it established our design trajectory. 

I'm hoping after we are finished, you won't know if the 'hotel room' is by the ocean, or, in a hidden up-scale boutique hotel in the Upper West Side.  The walls will be a muddy gray.  Our "60%" color is gray, "30%" color is gold, and our "10%" color is rust pink (See my Games in Color Post).  I will have a little sketch for you soon, but in the meantime, here is our digital inspiration board. 


I'll keep you abreast of our progress and, of course, the finished product in less than 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment