Thursday, June 3, 2010


Games in Color

Tonight, I attended "The Voice of Color;" an event put on by PPG Porter Paints at our local West Elm Store.  The presentation was all about color--the trends, tricks, and tips!  My gal pals and I enjoyed the quirky presentation.  But, leaving, I couldn't wait to share my favorite take-aways from the event with you:
  1. Never, ever, ever, start your search for the perfect color at the color rack at your paint store.  Find an inspiration: a flower, landscape, fabric, etc.
  2. Remember the 60/30/10 Rule:  60% of the room in one color for grounding; 30% of the room in a different color for harmony; and 10% of the room in a third color for POP!  
  3. Be intentional in your use of warm and cool colors--it will have a huge effect!
  4. Grey is the new brown (Of course, we WEEKEND DESIGNERS already knew that!)
Click on over to the Color Sense Game and quiz away to discover your color inclinations! My "Color Sense" was so predictable.  And, now, I leave you with a room full of color (its one of my favorites; can't you imagine someone actually living in this space?)....

Amanda Nisbet

2 comments:

  1. What a fun time! And your list is perfect! You've captured the important things we need to remember as we plan our rooms. And speaking of rooms...yes...I can imagine ME living in that room! Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect way to explain color on #2! I'm having trouble getting that balance right myself! This is a great way to remember how to find the perfect balance in color. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete