Wednesday, May 19, 2010


"After"

Introducing, my new dresser.  What do you think?  I love it.  This project was an exercise in experimentation for me.  Could I get the glossy sleek look?  Would the knobs pop, like I hoped?  My goal was to stay true to the shape and traditional finishes of the dresser, but, to enhance the dresser with a modern color and demonstrative knobs.  There were two dressers that caught my eye, while I was contemplating the project--they established my design trajectory.


My dresser, ultimately, looks very different than these inspirations.  But I wanted the mid-century pop of the Jonathan Adler with the crisp sleekness of the aqua dream above.  In the end, the project was gratifying, and thankfully, complete.  I hope you like it.

2 comments:

  1. Love it...love it...love it!! You did an amazing job and the knobs work perfectly! And that lamp could not be cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it too! so excited that shea sent me your blog. i need inspiration to decorate our new home and you are that inspiration.

    ReplyDelete