Tuesday, December 13, 2011


Antlers

My sister gave me polished antlers recently, which I adore and are a family heirloom.  Since then, I’ve found antlers popping up everywhere and not merely in the interiors of stereotypical mountain retreats.  Rather, they are gracing modern interiors and are being produced in varying materials.  Mine sit on the coffee table in my family room (pictures below).  I had a few people over a couple weeks ago and the first thing the men in company noticed were the antlers!  In most any setting, they provide a natural element (or hint to the natural, if you have a fetish for lucite (see below)) with a differing texture, adding a bit of edge and warmth.  Found some in the marketplace for you…

IMG_8581

 IMG_856023024888_001_z23110414_010_bhg000383hg130378T_WithZoom

Antler Candlestick – Anthropologie. Decorative Antler – Anthropologie. Lucite Antlers – Jayson Home & Garden. Vintage Antler Trophy – Jayson Home & Garden. Suzanne Kasler Atelier Antlers – Ballard Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment