Tuesday, September 6, 2011


Pattern

I’ve been attempting to get my “guest room” in order for the Fall.  It is inconvenient at best and disappointing at worst to be unable to house a friend for the night, when a husband is out of town or the weekend has found a friend from afar, near.  I “inherited” a futon from a dear family friend.  It is perfect.  Casual (I don’t often do casual), just undersized, and now happily situated out of their garage and into my little home. 

It is simple and dying for pattern.  I was delighted to find tips on incorporating pattern into one’s space on One Kings Lane today.  The fabric below (including the 1st pillow and last blanket made by my dear Grams), was compiled this weekend from scraps I’ve been meaning to use and fresh finds from the fabric store.  I’m still not quite sure this is the final mix, but is a start and so much fun to play with.  By the end, I will have a futon full of happy, handmade, patterned pillows.  Can’t wait to be done to show you! (Yes, those are my heels.  650 sq. feet creates its own set of necessities!  I wish I could say those were all of them.)

IMG_7158IMG_7173IMG_7163IMG_7167IMG_7176IMG_7182IMG_7180IMG_7160IMG_7189

1 comment: