Monday, July 25, 2011


Whirlwind

Growing up, my dad, in reference to any collective action (by “collective,” I mean, involving 6 or 7 of his children), would hearken the need for a “whirlwind.”  A whirlwind, for example, to clean the van after a day at the beach, clean the dishes after a meal, or weed the back hedge.  We always had the advantage of our sheer number.  Even if someone “had to go to the bathroom” (this was a common excuse) after dinner, you could almost bet there would be 4-5 other people who couldn’t also disappear on duty.

Now, living as I do currently, “whirlwinds” aren’t quite so crowded.  I have consistent “whirlwinds” of one.  Haha.  But, Saturday morning, to my delight and surprise, a landscape “whirlwind” appeared.  My yard, the beds, surrounding my cottage, were filled.  My dad and I have gone back and forth: sod, rocks, mulch, beds, and flowers.  They must have heard my deliberations and decided to make the decision for me! My front yard, prior to Saturday morning, was  a bed of dirt.  But, no longer.  So. Excited. And. Thankful.  My pots look even better!

IMG_6864IMG_6865

IMG_6866

IMG_6868IMG_6872

No comments:

Post a Comment