Sunday, July 31, 2011


The Future

The Future has not yet been released in Orlando, but I’ve enjoyed the host of clips online.  I adore the detail afforded the scene above.  The movie contemplates time and relationships.  In this scene, the husband and wife are heading to their apartment, where she has cut off the internet.  The wife is a dance teacher—notice how she takes her husband up the stairs as if dancing.  Their interactions are so accepting of the other’s idiosyncrasies, with a subtle challenging.  Just. love. that.  I was listening to the Director, Miranda July, comment on the more seasoned stage of the couple’s relationship, marked by, “love that is not only kind.”  Isn’t that perfect?  And the humor, well, it is fantastic.  I couldn’t help myself…there are a couple other clips below.  Aren’t you moved by the “Signal” clip below?  Oh, and her dancing…she and I share similar curves (haha, right in the behind), I’ll have to try that move next time I’m dancing with my nieces and nephews.

No comments:

Post a Comment