Friday, April 29, 2011


Weigh Down This Moment

Time is a relentless river.  It rages on, a respecter of no one.  And this, this is the only way to slow time: When I fully enter time’s swift current, enter into the current moment with the weight of all my attention, I slow the torrent with the weight of me all here.  I can slow the torrent by being all here.  I only live the full life when I live fully in the moment.  And when I’m always looking for the next glimpse of glory, I slow and enter.  And time slows.  Weigh down this moment in time with attention full, and the whole of time’s river slows, slows, slows.
I thought we'd take a brief break from the talk of design, and, often, the unnecessary.  Ann Voskamp’s One Thousand Gifts is solid; a must-read.  Don't be overwhelmed by the stream of consciousness. Take it slow.


IMG_3501
Voskamp, Ann. One Thousand Gifts. Grand Rapids, Michigan. Zondervan. 2010.
(From the laundry room in my dorm at NYU - Mercer Hall.  13th floor.)

1 comment:

  1. Soooooooooo enjoy the quote! Deff would like to invest in this book. Thanks AS ALWAYS for your design insight...for our homes as well as our lives :)

    ReplyDelete