Tuesday, October 12, 2010


Highline Park

IMG_2855

I have been absent.  Life has been busy.  But, I’m back to tell you about High Line Park in Manhattan.  During my “Weekend Away,” I enjoyed just being on the island, wandering around.  Part of our wandering took us to High Line Park—a spot I’ve been dying to see in person.  The Park is located in lower Manhattan on the west side.  The Park is thoughtful in execution, housed in an existing above-ground railroad which historically provided freightrains a way off Manhattan streets in the 1930’s.  It will span more than 1 mile long, once completed, from the lower west side, through the Meatpacking District, up to Chelsea and Hell’s Kitchen.  Lateral lines and industrial fittings graced all the fixtures in the Park.  Its not Central Park, but, it fits perfectly amongst the industrial vibe of the Meatpacking District and lower Chelsea.

 IMG_2862  IMG_2863 IMG_2866 IMG_2867

IMG_2865 IMG_2868 IMG_2859 IMG_2857

My pictures are exactly professional, but you get the idea!  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment