Monday, August 16, 2010


The Sartorialist

In life, its often rare to approach an individual without the trappings of one's own perspective.  What I mean by this, is our inability to appreciate individuals, be it a stranger or loved one, for the parts of themselves that are unique and God-given.  Of course, we apply this same prejudice to ourselves.
 
The Sartorialist: Never was there a better site to enjoy the art of effortless (and sometimes strenuous) fashion.  The Sartorialist, the man, is a blogger and photographer.  He spent over 15 years in the fashion industry (he has a degree from Indiana University in Apparel Merchandising and Costume Construction) with designers like Jean-Paul Gaultier and Helmut Lang.  After opening his own showroon representing young up-and-coming designers, he began shooting individuals on the street, those he felt carried a sense of style worth noting.  And, so, The Sartiorialist was born.  His blog always gives me the inspiration to go to my closet and start experimenting with combinations I had earlier ignored.  But, the essence of what I most enjoy about the Sartorialist (and the pictures below) is the perspective with which I am able to view the individuals--as unique, complex, and lovely.

I thought you might enjoy my family photos below...



1 comment:

  1. Love your photographs Jordan! There's something magical about looking into the lives of our family when we didn't even know them yet..don't you think? Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete