Saturday, July 17, 2010


Shaping Up Your Tapers!

I often don't discuss things practical in nature.  Or, if I do, it is the pratical way to approach one design issue or another.  But, today, I must discuss something extremely practical, but ever so handy.  I love taper candles--handdipped, beeswax--however they come.  But, I find that taper sizes and candlestick sizes are not universal.  To slim down the base of a taper I've melted, cut, and forced the taper into the candlestick.  No more.  CB2 carries a "taper it candle shaver" that evenly shaves down the base of a taper.  Genius and only $3.95!  You won't regret it.  Now, if they could just figure out how to add wax... .


Just to admire the beauty of tapers, I've included one of my favorite tablescapes below.  Eddie Ross' tablescape below has literally been talked about all over the web!  He bought the plates and some of the brass at GoodWill. Somehow I don't think my Goodwill is graced with such great finds.  Hope you are enjoying a calm weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! That table setting! Love it! Can my wedding look like that please?

    -CR

    ReplyDelete